Here, in no particular order, are my brief notes on the 11 best types of luggage for traveling the world (or home) and some major suitcases Singapore manufacturers.
For price reasons, I’ve decided to follow the sub-$500 luggage and the high-end $100+ Features.
For those of you who buy those big, cheap suitcases Singapore, remember that you get what you pay for. Also, the term “best” is a relative concept.
And “best” is, after all, a relative time frame.
I’m sure you’ll disagree with some of my entries, and I’m sure I missed some of the best luggage (let me know in the comments section below).
Sunseeker Luggage Fiero HS Spinner 28
- 100% polycarbonate
- Scratch resistant due to the use of microscopic diamonds
- Lightweight 4-wheel casters for easy mobility
- Expandable, high performance
- Comfortable carrying and travel case
- Internal zippered dividers and cross straps increase packing efficiency.
- TSA-approved side locks ensure security during travel.
Delsey Helium Aero 29″ Exp. Spinner Trolley
- 100% polycarbonate.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Huge padded laptop compartment holds a 15.6″ laptop.
- Two zippered mesh pockets can accommodate a laptop and toiletries.
- Two swivel wheels for unique maneuverability
- Integrated three-dial TSA hybrid lock and self-repairing zipper.
- One-touch recessed locking system with industrial grade aluminum tubing.
TravelProMaxlite 3 Expandable Spinner (25″)
- 100% polyester
- Four-wheel spinner rotates 360 degrees.
- Aircraft grade aluminum tubes can be locked in two positions.
- Cellular body system for reduced weight and increased durability
- Large interior pocket, side pockets, and adjustable utility strap.
- Manufacturer’s warranty against defects
Victorinox Spectra 2.0 Luggage 29
- 100% Bayer polycarbonate
- 10 year worldwide limited warranty
Riccardo Beverly Hills Luggage Montecito Microlight 28
- 100% polyester
- Lightweight but strong and tear resistant
- Sliding and swivel wheel system
- Designed to increase packing capacity
- Ergonomic tilt movement system
- Convenient top and side carrying handles
Briggs and Riley Luggage 27″ Expandable Upright Bag
- Nylon and Tufflite polyester blend
- Zipper growth increases packing capacity by 26
- Slot pockets allow for quick stowage at security checkpoints.
- Slanted toe for better stability
If you’re going to invest a lot of money in the best suitcase, you want a suitcase that’s not only durable, but also guaranteed to be repairable or replaceable by the manufacturer.
Different compartments and pockets allow you to separate liquids, toiletries and other items in your luggage. There is one thing you need to keep in mind.
When I worked for Delta Air Lines, I once saw luggage rain on the tarmac before it was loaded onto the plane. I saw a piece of luggage in the belly of the plane get damaged, affecting the other luggage below.
The durability of your luggage
We’ve already talked about the behind-the-scenes details of loading luggage on a plane.
You don’t need to spend a fortune, but it is worth looking for a well-made suitcase that will stand the test of time.
The cost of luggage
If you want quality, sturdy luggage, you need to spend a lot of money. These days, whether it’s an appliance or a car, standards seem to be getting lower, even for the best models.