Dry ports are as essential as the world seaports in the international shipping industry. A trader needs to have access to the most salutary ICD (Inland Container Depot) in his range to facilitate his freight shipments. Out of all the dry ports situated in India, ICD Dadri is one of the most notable ones. It plays a fundamental function in serving the businesses of several industrial players who have made it big in the trade network.
The port serves as a joint business venture between the Container Corporation of India (CONCOR) and the APM Terminals Inland Services. The former is a public sector undertaking while the latter is an international private organization. Let us have a look at the concise profile of the port to understand its position in the Indian shipping business.
ICD Dadri: Introduction and Key Features
ICD Dadri is located at Tilpatta Road in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. It has made a mark in the industry by setting an example of how well-integrated and end-to-end logistics services can benefit the traders. The port offers competitive advantages to the customers who rely upon its credibility and functions.
Key Functions and Facts
- It is connected to the CONCOR railway lines that meet the major ports like the MDPT, PPBR and NSICT. It also connects ports like the Nhava Sheva, Mundra and Pipavav through the National Highways.
- It has a bonded warehouse area of 315 square metres (sq Mts), an open warehouse area of 7200 sq Mts, and an open yard area of 1609 sq Mts. The total land area of the port covers a total of 67,750 sq Mts.
- The annual container capacity of the port is 1,20,000 TEUs (Twenty-foot Equivalent Units).
- It also facilitates transshipments with Pipavav and Mumbai.
- The major industries that the port serves include Pharmaceuticals, Agri Products, Garments and Textiles, Chemicals, Made Ups, Automotive, Retails, Newsprint, etc.
- The ICD Dadri port offers a wide range of services to traders. Some of the most sought-after amenities include full container storage and load movement for both imports and exports, stuffing/destuffing operations, warehouse for FCL/LCL imports, etc.
- Container M & R (Maintenance and repair) services for both Reefer and Dry cargo is also available.
- Hazardous and bulk cargo handling, open yard and import cargo bonding, customs inspection facilities and a dedicated depot for empty containers are some of the additional services.
- The port also offers a dedicated and secure storage area for its customers along with a well-trained customer service team. Traders can get on-time updates and reports to keep track of their containers.
Security and Safety Measures
- Dadri ICD is popular for its security guidelines and measures that have earned its market credibility. 24×7 CCTV surveillance which is manned by trained personnel, numerous security guards at the facility, well-illuminated container yards and warehouses, etc. are some of the major highlights.
- The port authorities have also laid provisions of protective equipment for visitors. From EMS (Emergency Maintenance System) to all the other safety awareness measures, ICD Dadri leaves no stone unturned to maintain its service standards.
List of Other Facilities
- Online container tracking facility, equipment workshops, canteen for port visitors, EDI connectivity and well-equipped IT systems, parking facility for truck trailers, complete inspection measures are some of the highlights.
- With token management systems and reefer plug points, a trader gets everything needed to load his shipment safely.
The association of ICD Dadri with an international organization helps it uplift its domain value and rapport in the market. Many traders who operate in the Northern part of the country have gained a lot of support and backup from this well-developed dry port. Exporters who are still learning about all the vital ports in India must know about this one!