One of the areas that is most sought to improve, harden and tone today through exercise is the gluteus. Both at home and in the gym there are multiple ways of working the glutes in a specific way to achieve greater firmness in the area. In addition, it is important to keep in mind that the muscles that make them are closely related to How to Do Abdominal Exercises? The performance of all sports activities, so it is important to keep this area strengthened to avoid possible injuries.
Within the wide variety of exercises that can be chosen to tone and harden the buttocks, one of the most effective are those that are made with elastic bands, since the effort of the movement must be added the resistance created by this tool.
Squat with elastic band
The squat is one of the most complete exercises that exist and is perfect for strengthening and toning the buttocks and the upper part of the legs. If the resistance of an elastic band is added, the effectiveness of the exercise will be much greater.
- First, place the band just above the knees, so that you have to force to separate the legs.
- When it is properly placed and secured, the body will be placed in the initial position to perform the squat, that is, with the knees separated according to the width of the shoulders and slightly flexed.
- To perform the squat, lower the trunk and buttocks, as if to sit, to form 90 degrees with the floor, to avoid straining the knees.
- After the initial position will recover slowly, always concentrating the strength in the buttocks, hamstrings and quadriceps.
It is recommended to do 4 sets of 10 repetitions of this exercise. You may also be interested in this other article on How to do squats for glutes.
Side squat with elastic band
This exercise is done by doing the squat as previously explained, but with a slight variation. Here we explain step by step how to perform the lateral squat with elastic band:
- It begins by placing the elastic band below the knees, since it is going to perform a displacement and thus the resistance is greater.
- The squat is performed in the same way, but when it is going to lower again, one of the legs moves to the side, opening more the gap between the legs and increasing the resistance.
- Holds for about 10 seconds and changes legs.
It is recommended to perform the exercise in 4 sets of 10 repetitions.
Bridge with elastic band
One of the most effective exercises to strengthen and tone your buttocks is the bridge, which adds effectiveness if you add the resistance of the elastic band. In this case the band will be placed just below the buttocks; we explain you how to do it next:
- The initial position of the exercise is lying on the floor upwards, with the knees bent and the soles of the feet fully supported on the floor.
- It consists of raising the trunk and the hips towards the ceiling, concentrating the strength in the gluteal.
- This position is maintained 10 seconds and then the initial position is recovered, to repeat again.
It is advised to perform this exercise 8 times.
Glute kick with elastic band
Another exercise that focuses very effectively on the buttocks is the so-called “glute kick”. Below, we explain step by step how to carry out this exercise:
- To do this, the elastic band is placed around the ankles. The initial position is supporting forearms and knees on the floor.
- The exercise consists in raising one of the two legs, performing a kicking motion upwards, keeping the other leg resting with the knee on the ground.Best Work out Accessories for Beginners.
- The movement has to be controlled to properly work the gluteal muscles.
- The exercise is repeated 6 times with each leg.
It is recommended to do 4 sets of 6 repetitions with each leg.
Lateral glute kick with elastic band
This variation of the gluteus kick also helps firm the muscles that make it up. The elastic band will be placed just below the knees to increase the resistance. Keep reading to know how to carry out this exercise correctly:
- It starts from an initial standing position and it is recommended to lean on a surface such as a wall or an object such as a chair, with the opposite hand to the leg that is to be exercised in the first place.
- From the standing position and with the knees separated according to the width of the shoulders, the leg opposite to the supported hand is raised laterally and the initial position is returned to perform the movement again.
- It will be repeated 6 times with each leg.
It is recommended to do 4 sets of 6 repetitions with each leg. If you liked this article about exercises with elastic band for buttocks, you may be interested in this one about Exercises to fatten glutes.
If you want to read more articles similar to Exercises with elastic band for buttocks – the most effective, we recommend you to enter ourSports category.
Article Source: Tape Daily